Thursday 9 February 2017

The 2nd Year



Two years ago today, I began writing this blog; and, for me it has been an incredible journey.

During this second year, I've continued to reflect upon personal experiences that illustrate my views on community and world events, by writing about:

I've also continued my quest to recognize ordinary people who do extraordinary things, or people in general who make unexpected contributions, by profiling: 

Unexpectedly, my blog became a special place to honour memories of four beloved people who left positive impressions on my life, including:

And, I wrote about everyday events that inspire recognition, including: 
  • the great knowledge that can be gleaned from a small child's observations [You Don't Get Upset]
  • the surprising luminosity of Lupines [Luminous Lupines]
  • how snow and snow people take the sting out of winter [Snow]
  • the resilient growth of a Dracaena that inspires me when I'm feeling down [Life in the Palm], and
  • how "six more weeks of winter" actually means that spring is, "just around the corner". [Groundhog Day]

Last year, on this day, I remember worrying that a relatively small average of only 1.5 posts per month was somehow inadequate: I mused whether more prolific posting would have interfered with quality.

During this second year, I've come to believe that my ability to produce a more significant average of 2.75 posts per month speaks rather to better honed observation skills, and more familiarity and practice with the entire blogging process.

Moving forward, I accept that the verdict as to quality versus quantity will ultimately come from you, the reader; therefore, it's my responsibility to continue providing the best quality posts, no matter how often I post. This is an inspiring challenge, of which I'm happy to accept.

I believe that I've found my voice, my focus, my formula, and a small but loyal following. I couldn't ask for a better way to head into year three, and I thank you for being part of my blogging journey.