Wednesday 28 February 2018

It's Too Darn Hot!


So, this morning I was making my mom a pot of tea.

I boil the water and pour it into the waiting carafe, and five minutes later mom starts to pour a cup, and the water is clear. Seriously, I didn't put a tea bag in the pot ... first time ever, I think.

So, we laugh, and I pour the water from the carafe back into the kettle, boil it again, put a bag in the carafe, pour in the water and set the carafe on my island to steep ... and, of course, I got busy and forgot about it.

An hour later, I finally notice the carafe and decide to remove the tea bag before leaving the pot with mom; and, somehow I manage to drop the spoon into the carafe, which luckily doesn't break, but now I can't get the spoon out because IT'S TOO DARN HOT IN THERE!

At this point, I wonder briefly if I might be getting old, before I remember that it's more likely I'm sleep deprived; so, I take a deep breath; and, we laugh again.

I use a second spoon to remove the tea bag from the pot and mom finally gets her cup of tea ... but, the carafe is still holding the first spoon hostage.