Saturday 2 September 2017

Mug Full of Love

Click on Photo to Enlarge

The mug full of love I received
from grand-daughter Mattie-Belle

Last night, I received a mug full of flowers; and, except for the dandelions, I'm positive they were plucked from my own front garden. The gift giver was my nearly six-year-old grand-daughter, who’s nonchalance was almost comical.

She breezed past me in the kitchen with five flower blooms floating on green packing crepe in a glass mug of water. After pausing briefly to let me catch a glimpse, she placed the offering on a table near where I sit to watch TV.

As she was retreating, I inquired if the flowers were for me, and her reply was a simple, "Yes." She didn't appear to need anything by way of acknowledgement, and the matter-of-fact manner of her gift-giving was refreshing.

Too often, gifts are given with strings attached, and sometimes feelings are hurt if expectations are not met. My grand-daughter's mug full of love came to me freely, out of pure generosity; thank-you and hug she received not withstanding.