Tuesday 18 April 2017

Feline Friends

River (left) and Louie (right)

At our house, we have a pair of cats, both black with white chest, feet and whiskers. One of our feline's is a male short-hair named Louie, and the other cat is a female long-hair known as River.

Louie belongs to my husband and I: River is the pet of my youngest daughter, her husband and their daughter. The cats have a civil relationship but rarely
groom each other or play together. Both cats, however, adore my mother, and the feeling is mutual.

River regularly visits mom, just to say, "Meow," or to sleep somewhere in the sun in mom's apartment.
Louie's two favourite sleeping locations are next to my mom on her two-seat couch and on mom's bed, even when she's in it. Mom always provides the beasties with a large bowl of water and much love and affection.

Louie and River are very taken with mom's picture-window ledge that provides viewing access to the front garden, street, and neighbours. When they're not sleeping, our cats can't get enough of lying in the warm sunny window, jockeying for viewing superiority, and taking in the sights.

My mom's days are greatly enhanced by the antics of her feline friends; and, like Louie and River, she enjoys the view from her window at the front of the house and the connection it provides with the great outdoors, even when the weather is inclement.

I'm glad my mom has a personal space in our house with a bright, light, cheery window and view. I’m certain the two cats who share the window and relationship with her are happy about that, too.