Saturday 14 February 2015

Love and Life


Today, being Valentine's Day, brought back memories of how my darling husband and I met, and the challenges we faced on our journey to the alter. We did not meet on the internet, as I'm told so many people do these days; In fact, in our case, neither of us had found computer dating to be at all useful. Doug and I actually met the old-fashioned way - by chance; and except for a few bumps in the beginning, our relationship's working out extremely well.

Love and life are hardly ever easy or certain; but I've found that navigating life's joys and sorrows is always more rewarding when the time is spent with someone who genuinely cares about you and yours.


In honour of this continuing love story and Valentine's Day, I've decided to post an article about our meeting and courtship, which was originally published in the Hamilton Spectator for Valentine's Day, 2011. It's honest and heartfelt, and still rings true today.


Happy Valentine's Day!